Jumia is built around three main pillars: Jumia Marketplace, Jumia Logistics and JumiaPay. Marketplace. Offering goods from a large and diverse group of sellers across a wide range of categories. JumiaPay. Designed to facilitate online transactions between sellers and consumers.
Beside above, who is the CEO of Jumia South Africa? I spoke with Jumia co-CEO Jeremy Hodara to get his insights on these two questions and on issues that have faced the company in the past.
Quick Answer, what’s wrong with Jumia? Citron Research openly accused Jumia of fraud and described its equity as “worthless.” From a peak price of $49,99, Jumia stocks fell off a cliff and the bottom dropped out as the share price fell below its IPO price of $14.50. Some disgruntled investors began filing class action lawsuits.
Also the question is, how do I make money on Jumia?
- List your products under the correct product categories.
- Make sure your selling price is correct.
- Receive an order from Jumia through the Seller Portal.
- Pick and Pack the order.
In this regard, is Jumia trusted? No to Fake products JUMIA’s goal is to build the best online shopping experience to gain customer’s trust; this is why we only sell genuine and original products. JUMIA is abiding by the legal rules related to the Customer Protection regulations.
Are Jumia products original?
Are all products on Jumia original, new/unused and genuine? Yes, We are committed to offering our customers 100% genuine and original products. We also take the necessary actions to ensure that any seller found to be selling non-genuine products is immediately delisted from selling on Jumia.
Is Jumia owned by a Nigerian?
Jumia, a Nigerian e-commerce platform, has been making a difference in consumers’ lives for nine years. Nigeria’s top online shopping site is often referred to as the “Amazon of Africa”. However, Jumia has also faced serious downturns in its history.
What percentage does Jumia take?
In line with the Federal Government’s directive on the Finance Act 2019, the Value Added Tax (VAT) applicable on goods and services offered by Jumia would be increased from 5% to 7.5% effective on the 1st of February 2020.
Who are Jumia competitors?
- Souq — owned by Amazon — is leading in the Egyptian market.
- Jiji — with over 8 million monthly active users, Jiji is a strong competitor in Nigeria.
- Konga — has been an war with Jumia for years in a battle to dominate the Nigerian ecommece market.
How profitable is selling on Jumia?
Despite the business model shakeup, Jumia is still not profitable, and it is also not growing as fast as it once was. Jumia’s customer base grew to 6.9 million, 500k customers (6.9%) higher than 6.4 million in Q1 2020.
Does Jumia have a Whatsapp number?
Yes, this is Jumia. It is our new and only Whatsapp number; just type ‘hello’ to be added.
Does Jumia refund money?
If you purchased an item with a Refund voucher, we will refund you the sum of the amount you paid and the amount of the Jumia refund voucher.
Is selling on Jumia free?
- How much does it cost to sell on Jumia? The registration on Jumia is free for all the vendors. For each sale you make via our platform, you will be charged a fee depending on the delivery method chosen and the category of your products.
How much can I earn as Jumia affiliate?
Affiliate partners can promote the products on Jumia and can get up to 11% commission on every successful order made a click via your affiliate link. You can make easy money online if you own a website, blog, or just any useful social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc).
How do I get paid online?
- Pick up freelance work online.
- Test websites and apps.
- Pick up tasks on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk.
- Take surveys for money.
- Make money from your blog as an affiliate.
- Sell your wares on Etsy.
- Get advertising revenue from your blog or YouTube channel.
- Become an Instagram influencer.